PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING
(If one of the conditions below is not met, the photographer can be excluded from participation)
● Participation is free of charge.
● The work has been made between 1 June 2020 and 16 May 2021.
● Deadline for submission: 24 May 2021.
● Images are to be uploaded in jpg format and a curriculum vitae in pdf format.
● The person portrayed was at least 12 years old on the day the photo was taken.
● Images do not show any names and / or copyright marks. This info can be included in the file’s metadata.
● During the submission process, the photographer is asked to upload a curriculum vitae (PDF or Word file), and/or to provide a URL of the photographer’s website.
● Rabo Photographic Portrait Prize: the submitted portraits, with a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3, are made by a Dutch professional photographer or an international photographer who has worked in the Netherlands for a longer period of time.
● Rabo Photographic Portrait Talent: the submitted series, consisting of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 portraits, is made by a photography student or a photographer who has graduated from a Dutch photography academy. Self-taught professionals can also submit their work. All entrants within this category have not been working professionally in photography for more than five years, or are younger than 30 at the time of submission.
RIGHTS & PERMISSIONS
● The photographer or his representative (agent, etc) must be entitled or have permission to submit the portraits for the (Talent) Prize.
● In submitting, the photographer declares that (s)he is the creator of the submitted portraits and that (s)he holds the copyright of the photograph(s).
● Photographers declare that they have the sitter’s permission to use his / her portrait (s) for participation.
● If the portrait is shortlisted, the photographer must be able to provide a quit claim. If the person portrayed is a minor, the quit claim must be signed by one of the parents.
● The photographer gives permission for the use of the portraits with the photographer’s credits in all possible forms of publicity surrounding the (Talent) Prize, including press, websites and social media of Dutch National Portrait Gallery and Rabobank.
● Dutch National Portrait Gallery and Rabobank are neither liable nor responsible for the use of images by third parties.
LONG- OR SHORTLIST
● If the entry is shortlisted by the jury for the (Talent) Prize, a high resolution jpeg or tiff file must be supplied of each shortlisted portrait.
● If the jury selects a submitted work for one of the shortlists, the photographer will contribute to a short video about the submitted work.
● The photographer gives permission for the work to be included in an exhibition and / or an outdoor campaign.
● If the portrait is on the shortlist or longlist of the (Talent) Prize, the photographer may be asked to supply a print with a hanging system on request (a framed print or a print on dibond with hanging system, etc) in case of an exhibition of the work.
● The shortlisted candidates authorize the Dutch National Portrait Gallery Foundation to act as a sales intermediary in case the submitted work is acquired through the Portrait Gallery’s as a result of the nomination or winning the (Talent) Prize.
● The photographer has the option of selling a special Rabobank edition of the work. The Dutch National Portrait Gallery Foundation will then act as an intermediary.
● The winning portrait (Rabo Photographic Portrait Prize) is made available by the maker for Rabobank’s art collection as a numbered and signed Fine Art print. The winner declares that a copy of the submitted portrait is available within the edition. In addition to the prize money, a maximum of 1.000 euros (including VAT) is made available by Dutch National Portrait Gallery for the production of this print.
● The winner of the Rabo Photographic Portrait Prize will be invited to be a member of the jury in 2022.
● The winners of the Rabo Photographic Portrait Prize and the Rabo Photographic Portrait Talent 2021 are excluded from participation in the next edition.