PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING
● Participation is free of charge.
● The work has been made between 1 June 2019 and 31 May 2020.
● Rabo Photographic Portrait Prize: the submitted portraits, with a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3, are made by a Dutch professional photographer or an international photographer who has worked in the Netherlands for a longer period of time.
● Rabo Photographic Portrait Talent: the submitted series, consisting of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 portraits, is made by a photography student or a photographer who has graduated from a Dutch photography academy. Self-taught professionals can also submit their work. All entrants within this category have not been working professionally in photography for more than five years, or are younger than 30 at the time of submission.
● All files are supplied in jpg format.
● In submitting, the photographer declares that (s)he is the creator of the submitted portraits and that (s)he holds the copyright of the photograph(s).
● If the portrait is on the shortlist or longlist of the (Talent) Prize, the photographer may be asked to supply a print with a hanging system on request (a framed print or a print on dibond with hanging system, etc).
● The winning portrait (Rabo Photographic Portrait Prize) is made available by the maker for Rabobank’s art collection as a numbered and signed Fine Art print. The winner declares that a copy of the submitted portrait is available within the edition. In addition to the prize money, a maximum of 1.500 euros (including VAT) is made available by Dutch National Portrait Gallery for the production of this print.
● In submitting, the photographer declares that (s)he has permission from the person portrayed to use his/her portrait(s) to participate.
● If the portrait is shortlisted, the photographer must be able to provide a quit claim. If the person portrayed is a minor, the quit claim must be signed by one of the parents.
● Portraits of young children are excluded from the competition. The person portrayed was 12 years or older on the day the photo was taken.
● Photos have no names and / or copyright marks on the image itself. This info can be included in the file’s metadata.
● Deadline for submission: 15 June 2020.
● The photographer gives permission for the use of the portraits with the photographer’s credits in all possible forms of publicity surrounding the (Talent) Prize, including press, websites and social media of Dutch National Portrait Gallery, Pictoright Fund and Rabobank.
● Dutch National Portrait Gallery, Rabobank and Pictoright are neither liable nor responsible for the use of images by third parties.
● The photographer or his representative (agent, etc) must be entitled or have permission to submit the portraits for the (Talent) Prize.
● If the entry is shortlisted by the jury for the (Talent) Prize, a high resolution jpeg or tiff file must be supplied of each shortlisted portrait.
● During the submission process, the photographer is asked to upload a CV (PDF or Word file), or to provide a URL of the photographer’s website.
● If the jury selects a submitted work for one of the shortlists, the photographer will contribute to a short video about his submission.
● The shortlisted candidates authorize the Dutch National Portrait Gallery Foundation to act as a sales intermediary if work is purchased as a result of the nomination or winning the (Talent) Prize.
● The photographer has the option of selling a special Rabobank edition of the work. The Dutch National Portrait Gallery Foundation will then act as an intermediary.
● Dutch National Portrait Gallery and Rabobank reserve the right to refrain from awarding the (Talent) Prize.
● The jury selects the winners of the (Talent) Prize, however, the jury reserves the right to make an exception to this.
● The winner of the Rabo Photographic Portrait Prize will be invited to be a member of the jury in 2021.
● The winners of the Rabo Photographic Portrait Prize and the Rabo Photographic Portrait Talent 2020 are excluded from participation in the next edition.
If one of the conditions above is not met, the photographer can be excluded from participation.