The Dutch National Portrait Gallery is an independent foundation, a non-profit organisation. We greatly value the protection of personal data. We will only process personal data in accordance with the provisions of the AVG (Algemene Verordening Persoonsgegevens) and other applicable laws and regulations. Below we will state which personal data we may process, why and how.
In which cases will we process personal data
Via our website you can subscribe to our newsletter and contact us to ask questions. Our upload application also offers professional photographers the opportunity to submit their work for the Rabo Photographic Portrait Prize and the Rabo Photographic Portrait Talent (hereafter: the two portrait prizes). In those cases, we will process personal data, which is privacy-sensitive information.
We process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- to offer you the possibility to use the functionalities of this upload application;
- to process your entry and to inform you about the course of the judging;
- to communicate with you by sending e-newsletters about the prize and our exhibitions;
- to answer any possible questions via social media, e-mail, or telephone.
Depending on the functionalities you use, we may process the following personal data:
- e-mail address
- date of birth
- telephone number
- all other written information you enter
- questions you ask us and/or reports you pass on to us
We only store this personal data when it is necessary or legally required. We will use this information in relation to the two portrait prizes, invitations and our newsletter, from which you can unsubscribe.
How do we process personal data?
We process personal data carefully, limited, secure, and we comply with the requirements of privacy legislation. This means for instance that we:
- state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this through this privacy statement, and when requesting permission whenever that permission is required;
- first ask you for permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- limit the processing of personal data to only the personal data required for the purposes for which they are processed;
- do not pass on or sell your data to third parties.
We will not share the information you provide to other parties, unless this is required by law.
We take appropriate security measures to exclude and limit misuse of and unauthorized access to your personal data. In this way we ensure that only a limited number of people have access to the data and that access to the data is protected.
You can request us to view, change or delete your data at any time. You can send this request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Of course we are happy to help you if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. If you are nevertheless not satisfied, then you are also entitled to submit a complaint under the privacy legislation to the privacy regulator, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. For this you can contact the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
This privacy statement entered into force on 1 January, 2019.